To connect the Advanced Systems & Designs SmartCable Adapter to your U-Wave Transmitter, a U-Wave Transmitter Connecting Cable is also required (Part No. 250-790D).
The Advanced Systems & Designs wireless SmartCable adapter connects any manufacturer’s gage to the Mitutoyo U-WAVE wireless data acquisition system. Includes a footswitch port for sending data from your gage or RS232 device.
The Mitutoyo U-WAVE system has become a popular choice for manufacturing companies looking to implement a simple and cost effective solution on the plant floor. Now you can interface all the other brands and types of gages to the U-WAVE system using our SmartCable interfaces.
The SmartCable quickly configures itself. Advanced Systems & Designs has made it easy to connect RS232 devices, calipers, micrometers, indicators or any non-Mitutoyo gage directly to the Mitutoyo U-WAVE transmitter. Readings are triggered using the gage’s send button, button on cable, or an external foot switch (connected via external foot switch jack). The interface is powered by an internal battery, with a battery life of 400,000 continuous transmissions.
The SmartCable’s interface is designed with the harsh shop-floor environment in mind and employs an advanced micro-controller.
- Simple plug and play set up—doesn’t require software configuration, configures itself
- Connect any manufacturer's gage to the Mitutoyo U-Wave Wireless system
- Operating modes: Static (Normal) mode operation or Dynamic (MIN / MAX / TIR)
- Footswitch input, LED status light, host command operation and set up
- Readings triggered using gage's send button, button on cable, or external footswitch (connected via external footswitch jack)
- Powered by an internal battery, with a battery life of 400,000 continuous transmissions (optional power supply for stationary solutions)
- Power management that turns off the wireless module when not in use
- Industrial Temperature rating –40C to 85C
- Compatible with Mahr Federal, Chicago Dial Indicator, Fowler, Sylvac OPTO, Starrett, Ono-Sokki, Tesa, SPI, and more...
- Compatible with any SPC software with RS232 support