REFURBISHED (p/n 160747-11) Genesis Multi-Gage Interface (MGI)
The Genesis Multi-Gage Interface (MGI) streamlines the data collection process
Users collect data from a wide range of electronic gages and convert the signals to a common RS232 output. Measured data goes directly to PCs for use with statistical process control software.
Genesis MGIs have four gage ports and can be daisy-chained to increase the number of ports at any one gaging station. In addition, a bayonet connector provides convenient foot-switch operation when needed. Up to 32 gages can be interfaced to a single PC serial port in any analog or digital combination.
Automatic Gage Recognition (AGR)…
True plug and play
Automatically recognizes the gage and applies proper communications routines
No user set up is required
Uses low-cost gage cables
The MGI interfaces with hundreds of gages from a wide variety of manufacturers including…
Height, thickness and laser gages
Interfaced to a PC MGIs provide direct gage input for a PC inspection station. They can also be used in conjunction with Genesis data collectors to provide additional gage ports.
Aside from simple gage readings, the MGI offers…
- Continuous gage reads (as long as the footswitch is depressed) with MIN, MAX, TIR and continuous average output capability
- Sequential readings of multiple gages (ideal for gage fixture applications)
- Parametric selection using a specific measured value or several values from a multiple parameter gage (e.g., comparator with multiple axis display, force gage with MIN and MAX readings, etc.)
- The MGI can be used at a fixed station, operating on an AC adapter/charger
Output to status and control devices port…
- Connect external accessories including earphones and status lights or control signals
- Requires 159231 External AC adapter; included
- 9 ¾” x 8 ½” x 2”